The first coronavirus lockdowns started a little over 3 years ago. Yep, three years. Don't worry, I also don't know what happened to 2020, it disappeared faster than toilet paper at the start of the pandemic.
And for a while, it seemed like we were all trying to find ways to avoid going stir-crazy during those mandatory stay-at-home orders. Some people used the time to catch up on Netflix, others baked bread, and quite a few people became plant moms and dads (I became a plant uncle; congrats to my brother on his Norfolk Island Pine).
Me, I decided I was going to write a (play)book.
And I did… eventually (after getting married, relocating to Panama part-time, having a baby, and finally getting into Wordle).
And that book is out today! You can get it from Amazon here.
I called it a playbook because it contains strategies and techniques as opposed to just knowledge (book book) or just exercises (workbook). Plus, it's all about bringing a bit more play to your life.
Here's a preview of what's included:
- A deep dive into your 7 humor personas
- Tips and watchouts for each persona
- How to use each person at work
- 40 activities to build your skill of humor
- 35 ways to strengthen the humor competencies
- 20 prompts to get you thinking more positively
- 20 places to find funny or uplifting content
- 25 prompts to spark creativity
- 10 exercises you can do to improve delivery
- 20 examples of how to easily use humor at work
- 10 ways to promote a humor environment
- 12 dangers to avoid when using humor
- The key steps to developing a lifelong humor habit
- And so much more…
Chances are you already know that humor has the power to transform your work, your relationships, and your life. You just need a guide to get started.
And that's precisely what you'll get with The Skill of Humor Playbook-a fail-proof, step-by-step method on how to intentionally incorporate humor at work (and at home) to be more productive, less stressed, and happier.
You can order The Skill of Humor Playbook from Amazon.