Putting together a video that is basically a highlight reel of yourself feels a bit narcissistic, even for someone who gets on stage, entertains people to listen to them and teaches others how to do the same 🙂
BUT, it is an important tool for sharing with others what I do and I was determined not to take myself too seriously, which I think you’ll notice in the video.
You spend 99.9999% of the time running, just to get that split-second chance to cross the finish line. Yet, somehow, we spend an absurd amount of time planning and worrying for that very precise, very specific, split second.
Most of our lives are made up by the journey to get you to whatever goal you’ve envisioned for yourself, not the destination.
Enjoy your run!
Don’t wait for some future time to maybe experience joy, create it now!
Of course you should set up goals and of course you should follow through, but you for sure should have fun doing it.
This video packages up what I’ve spent the last 16 years creating. And, guess what? I had so much fun doing it!
A few behind the scenes notes about the video:
- I worked with the awesome team at Video Narrative. A huge shout out to Chris and his entire team for making me look good.
- There are 10 personalization touches / Easter Eggs in the first 30 seconds of the video. Can you spot them all?
- It took us 8 attempts to get the plane shot at 0:41.
- The moment at 0:50 in the airport is my second favorite part of the video (after the video call with my daughter).
- The speaking footage we used came from 3 different continents.