We are excited to announce that Drew’s TEDx talk on Humor at Work is available online. This talk dives deep into why humor is a need to have at work, how to bring more humor into the workplace and how Drew became a Humor Engineer (he taught himself!). “Humor at Work is not about making work funny, it’s about making work fun!”
Humor at Work – Why we need more Humor in the Workplace
In the talk, given at Ohio State University, Drew talks about Humor at Work. Specifically:
- 83% of Americans feel stressed out at work, 55% of Americans are unsatisfied with their jobs, and 47% of Americans struggle to stay happy.
- The average person sends and receives 112 emails per day and spends 80% of their time in some form of communication.
- People who use humor are more productive, less stressed, paid more, and happier.
- Executives who use humor are promoted faster and paid more.
- Laughing for 10-15 minutes can burn as many calories as 5 minutes of aerobic exercise, 10 minutes of dancing, or 15 minutes of milking a cow.
- People with 3 close friends at work are 96% more likely to be satisfied with their lives.
- Less than 1/3rd of people use humor at work.
Want to bring humor to your workplace?
If you would like to bring more humor to your workplace and to learn our about latest trainings, contact us to setup a free Humor Strategy Call. Also, feel free to email us if you would like the sources to these studies. We are always happy to share the latest humor research!