Zohar Adner is a stress release coach and author of The Gift of Stress – How to Act on the Urgent Message That’s Trying to Save Your Life. I sat down with Zohar to talk about his new book, his work as a stress release coach and the role humor plays in stress release.
You can listen to our interview below (note: there was a phone problem about 6 minutes in so you hear me switch to speakerphone).
Highlights from our talk include:
- The Gift of Stress (0:35)
- Why We Suck at Handling Stress (5:50)
- Can You Become Stress-Free (9:40)
- The Seven Rs of Stress Release (16:30)
- The All Important Reminder (20:14)
- Humor as a Diffuser (27:15)
- The Stress of a Haircut (32:06)
For more on Zohar or his stress release work, check out:
- The Gift of Stress (on Amazon.com)
- The Gift of Stress website
- Stop Stressing Out
- Stress and the City – Zohar’s Stress Blog
- Stop Stressing with Zohar and Michele – Zohar’s Radio Program
I’ve transcribed the interview for those who prefer reading to listening (note: it has been edited for clarity). You can find the transcription at:
Note: This is the third Humor Talks interview, a series with some of today’s thought leaders on the topic of humor in the workplace. You can sign-up for the Humor Newsletter to stay up-to-date with new interviews or get all future interviews via Podcast.