Ever wonder what separates good leaders from great leaders? According to Paul Smith, one key skill of great leaders is the ability to tell a story. I sat down with Paul Smith, author of Lead with a Story, to talk about the value of corporate storytelling and how people can get started.
Here’s the full interview, find highlights after the jump, or read the interview transcript.
- Why Lead with a Story? (1:05)
- The benefits of corporate storytelling. (6:55)
- Humor in stories. (10:50)
- Paul’s favorite story to tell. (15:37)
- Paul’s next book. (23:10)
For more, check out:
- Learn More About Paul (Lead with a Story website)
- Buy the Book (Lead with a Story on Amazon)
- See Paul in Action (Lead with a Story on YouTube)
You can also read the transcription of the interview at …
Note: This is the sixth Humor Talks interview, a series with some of today’s thought leaders on the topic of humor in the workplace. You can sign-up for the Humor Newsletter to stay up-to-date with new interviews.