Often times we go through life doing things the way our parents or friends did them, or the way we just figured out on our own. That’s not always to most effective way to get things done.
Here are “tutorials” for 10 hacks to make life more efficient.
1. Peel a Banana Like a Monkey
Pulling from the stem of a banana can make the top mushy or make a mess. So peel from the bottom instead.
2. Eat a Chicken Wing with One Hand
Chicken wings are delicious but messy. Here’s how to keep one hand clean when digging in. Warning: There’s a little bit of NSFW language.
3. Prevent Water from Boiling Over Using a Wooden Spoon
A watched pot never boils; an unwatched pot boils over. Unless you have a wooden spoon.
4. Tell if an Egg is Still Good
Have eggs that are past their expiration date? Use some water to see if they’re still good.
5. Seal a Bag of Chips without a Chip Clip
Want to keep chips fresh? Use this method to close a bag of chips without a chip clip.
6. Fold a Fitted Sheet
One of the sweetest lady’s ever teaches you how to actually fold a fitted sheet instead of crumpling it up into a mess.
7. Pack a Suitcase for Long Trips
This isn’t the most “on-the-go” method of packing but it is one of the best for getting the most amount of clothes into a carry-on bag.
8. Open Plastic Packaging with a Can Opener
Rather than tear your hands up or fumble with scissors, just use a can opener.
9. Wrap Up Headphones so They Don’t Get Tangled
According to this picture, whenever you put headphones in your pocket or bag, little gnomes come out to get them tangled. Here’s how to prevent that.
10. Make an iPhone / iPod Louder with a Cup
Want to listen to music but your iPhone / iPod / Android phone / Zune isn’t loud enough? Drop it in a cup.