Imagine you walk into a training at work only to find out that sometime within the next few hours you’re going to perform stand-up comedy. I sat down with the guys at Peppercomm who are leading trainings just like that and talked with them about the benefits of such a program and what you can expect to learn.
Here’s the full interview, find highlights after the jump, or read the interview transcript.
- What is the Comedy Experience? (1:31)
- The benefits of employees doing stand-up comedy. (6:02)
- The physiological effects of laughter. (10:36)
- What Med School didn’t teach doctors. (16:58)
- Exaggeration, Act-outs, Callbacks. (21:45)
For more, check out:
- The Comedy Experience at Peppercomm
- Crain’s Best Place to Work in NYC
- Steve Cody (website / @RepManComedy)
- Clayton Fletcher (website / Facebook)
You can also read the transcription of the interview at The Comedy Experience from Peppercomm.
Note: This is the fifth Humor Talks interview, a series with some of today’s thought leaders on the topic of humor in the workplace. You can sign-up for the Humor Newsletter to stay up-to-date with new interviews or get all future interviews via Podcast.