5 Tips on Event Planning from David Adler
- Give people an excuse to interact. At events, people just need permission to talk to each other.
- Think interaction, not lecture. Event planners are programmers of interaction.
- Encourage people to take action. The power of “Let’s” — Let’s get together, let’s get lunch, etc.
- Go physical, not digital. Trust is experienced with the body and it’s very difficult to create without face-to-face.
- Build trust. Touch has been associated with metrics of higher performance.