Humor That Works Startup & Training
I have a particular interest in working with startups and tech companies. After all, I am an introverted computer engineer who started his own company.
My Startups & Tech topics include some of the same subjects I’ve trained at Fortune 500 companies and top universities, but also topics specifically tailored for the startup & tech industry.
My trainings provide the vital business skills that successful startups need, delivered in an engaging way that they expect.
Training for Startups and Tech Companies
- The Hardest Resource: Managing Humans by Building Relationships
Take your organization to the next level by understanding how to manage the most important resource in the startup industry: humans.
- Mastering Office Communication: Driving Results in the Workplace
Learn how to send emails that get responses, give presentations that influence leaders, make proposals that drive decisions, and lead meetings that get results.
- PM Basics: Project Management That Works
Learn the fundamental agile project management skills you need to be a project leader in a way that is fun, engaging, and (most importantly) effective.
- Risk to Reward: How to Manage Risks to Reap Rewards
Don’t just learn, but experience, core risk management principles in a way that won’t risk you being bored to tears–through applied improvisation.
- Agile Leadership: How to Lead Up, Across, and Down in an Agile World
Learn what it takes to lead your team in the fast-paced, constantly changing, tech environment, regardless of role, experience, or circumstance.
- Humor That Works: How to Promote a Culture of Effective Fun
Find out how to encourage a more effective workplace by using humor to improve communication, build relationships, solve problems, and increase engagement.
All programs are customized for your organization. I work closely with you to address the needs of your team and make sure it’s aligned with your event and messaging.
I’ve always been an engineer. As a kid, I was so obsessed with efficiency that I was born 3 weeks early because, even in the womb, I wanted to do things quickly. Since then, I’ve been finding ways to be efficient and effective.
- I’ve successfully started my own company, with products including books, apps, and online courses.
- I’ve managed projects to reduce costs, increase sales, analyze trends, migrate businesses, integrate organizations, develop new products, recognize employees, and implement new systems.
- I graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Computer Science & Engineering.
- In the 5th Grade, I wrote a project plan on how to load the dishwasher more efficiently.
And I’ve done it all with a sense of humor. Why? Because it works. And now I teach other tech people how to be more effective, more productive, and more awesome using humor.
What Clients are Saying
Just wanted to thank you so much for your session. It was a perfect way to break up the semester while reinforcing some of the key concepts our students have been learning and practicing during their time here.
Just wanted to say thanks again for speaking at the Office Heroes event a few weeks back. We’ve heard nothing but rave reviews.
I thought the exercises were fun and interactive, and there were clear applications to real life situations. Overall, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the program.
Join hundreds of organizations who have worked with me, including:
- Speaking Kit
- Speaker Introduction
- What to Expect
- Getting the Most from Your Speaker