I’ll admit, I’m a sucker for acoustic covers of popular songs. There’s something about singing pop lyrics in a more soulful, musical way. Here are 10 of the best acoustic covers of popular songs. Be careful, there are a few with lyrics that may not be safe for work.
10. Fridav Hertzen – Run This Town (Jay-Z, Rihanna)
A great acoustic rendition of Run This Town, minus the rap verses.
9. My Midnight Mind – Ride Wit Me (Nelly)
Rap song like it was an emo song. This one is mostly safe for work.
8. Anthony Mendoza – Bedrock (Young Money)
This was always such a ridiculous song but it’s quite easy on the ears with a Ukele.
7. Kay Pettigrew – The Fresh Prince of Bel Air (Will Smith)
A classic 90’s song remixed with some great acoustic backing.
6. Neil Young – Whip My Hair (Willow Smith)
This is what happens when you take a legend like Willow Smith and mix it with relative newcomers Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen (I may have mixed those up).
5. Boyce Avenue – Closer (Ne-Yo)
Boyce Avenue has a number of acoustic remixes on YouTube but this is my favorite.
4. Daughtry – Poker Face (Lady Gaga)
A great acoustic cover of the ever-popular Lady Gaga song.
3. Milow – Ayo Technology (50 Cent, Justin Timberlake)
The subject matter isn’t quite safe for work, but it’s still a great rap acoustic cover.
2. Dynamite Hack – Boyz in the Hood (Eazy-E)
The first acoustic remix I heard of a rap song, it’s NSFW but great to listen to with your adult ears.
1. Chris Cornell – Billie Jean (Michael Jackson)
Incredible. Just an incredible acoustic remix of the popular Michael Jackson song.