I recently found an unexpected mentor, and she is awesome.
- She gives me positive reinforcement when I’ve done something right.
- She lets me know about things that are coming up so I can be ready for them.
- She doesn’t tell me where I should go, but once I’ve decided, she helps me get there.
- If I mess up, she doesn’t dwell on it or ridicule me for it, instead she helps me get back on track.
- She helps guide me, but doesn’t do anything for me, making me responsible for my own success.
- When I finally get to where I want to be, she congratulates me and says “you have arrived.”
“She” is my GPS.