5 Startup Insights from Matthew Brimer
- The status quo in education isn’t working. Over 50% of today’s graduates are unemployed or working in jobs that don’t require degrees. And yet companies are saying they don’t have the talent they need.
- Education should constantly evolve. Education is constantly in beta. If you teach the same course 2 years from now as today, you’ll be out of date.
- You have to create your own luck. Increase the likelihood of serendipity: put yourself out there to meet the right people.
- Know what you want your company to stand for. Advice for entrepreneurs: create your brand. How will it appeal to people, what are the values, what does it stand for.
- Hire people that are better than you. As your company grows, you should become the dumbest person there.